GLASGOW ICE CENTRE (SC050260)
For service users, members and volunteers.
What this privacy notice covers
We are committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Glasgow Ice Centre. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal
What we need
Glasgow Ice Centre will be the “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us, unless otherwise stated.
When you participate in our sports, use our facilities or register as a member of Glasgow Ice Centre, or renew your membership (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we may ask you for the following personal information:
- ▪ Contact details – name, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth;
- ▪ Membership criteria / category – Curling , Bowling, Skating, Other
- ▪ Equality information – gender identity and disability information
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We process our users and members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- ● Promote and encourage participation in the sports played at Glasgow Ice Centre by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we may use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- ● Provide competition in the sports of Curling, all forms of Ice Skating and Ice Hockey by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered in to the correct competition;
- ● Invite our members to our club meetings, social events and competitions by email / telephone; and
- ● Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the facilities and sports played at Glasgow Ice Centre. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on email@example.com If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a user or member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
- ▪ The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
- ● We may be required to share your personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations may include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
- ● We may share your personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
- ● We may share your personal information with other members of Glasgow Ice Centre for the purpose of coordinating teams for competitions.
- ● We may share your personal information with National Sporting Governing bodies and their areas and provinces, and other ice sports centres for the purposes of registering you for competitions and events.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purpose and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes. We will not share your details with any other third party than those identified above.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored electronically on a pc/laptop which is password protected, and on an encrypted cloud-based system. Your personal information is accessed by our appointed administrative staff for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for five years or are a non-member for two years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- ▪ you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- ▪ if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- ▪ you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- ▪ you have the right to be “forgotten”; if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Glasgow Ice Centre will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
This privacy document applies only to glasgowicecentre.co.uk
Changes to this Policy
EU Cookie Compliance
In May 2012 new EU Privacy Laws on the use of browser cookies came into force.
You can control your acceptance of cookies and/or disable them entirely in your web browser settings — and the latest versions of leading browsers provide even more control over how your browser handles cookies.
By continuing to use this website you acknowledge that your browser settings are sufficient to indicate your consent to the use of first-party cookies to help improve overall usability and refine the content and services we offer.